Dog Daycare Attendant
Monday – Friday with varied hours and rotating weekends. (Approximately 20 Hrs.)
This person will be responsible for feeding, watering, medicating, walking, and cleaning up after kenneled and daycare dogs. This is a weekday position with rotating weekend hours. Pay is commensurate with experience. Professional or volunteer experience handling dogs of various sizes, breed, and temperaments in a safe and positive way is preferred.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Ability to work some holidays and weekends
- Ability to be prompt.
- Ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics.
- Ability to work with peers and clients in a positive, constructive way.
- Ability to be responsible for building security such as handling keys and alarm systems.
- Ability to be responsible for feeding, medicating, and walking dogs, as well as cleaning kennels and ensuring the well-being and security of dogs.
- Ability to handle dogs of various size, breed, and temperaments in a positive/non-punitive way.
- Willingness and ability to perform physically demanding work, including a great deal of cleaning and housekeeping in a quick and efficient manner.
- Ability to walk both small and large dogs safely in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to read dog body language and approach unfamiliar dogs safely.
- Ability to pass a background check and be bonded.
- Ability to maintain records that track work and schedule.
- Ability to be prompt, reliable and professional.
*This position requires a “working interview” in which the applicant will be required to perform the work expected in this position. Please fill out the on-line application to receive consideration for an interview.
Dog Training Assistant
Monday – Friday with varied hours. (Approximately 10-16 Hrs.)
The Dog Training Assistant will be responsible for assisting a Lead Trainer in both private sessions and group classes. This is primarily a Monday – Friday, part-time position with occasional weekend work. Hours are flexible and variable according to the appointment schedule.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform basic mathematics and record keeping
- Ability to work with peers, clients, and dogs in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to handle dogs of various size, breed and temperaments in a positive/non-punitive way
- Ability to perform physically demanding work, in both outdoor and indoor locations, including but not limited to standing for long periods, and managing large dogs.
- Current valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and good driving record
- Reliable transportation and ability to drive to/from various locations around the Lawrence area
- Knowledge of dog behavior and ability to observe and track behavioral changes
- A general knowledge of basic learning theory and how it is applied in the training of animals
- Ability to read, apply, and modify a training plan
- Volunteer or professional experience working with dogs such as shelter volunteer, veterinary assistant, kennel worker, etc.
**This position requires a “working interview” in which the applicant will be required to perform the work expected in this position.
Online Employment Application